Lock Guard paste is a special sealing tool for interlocking joints of laminate, parquet or cork flooring laid as per a floating method.
With the help of Lock Guard paste you can protect floorboard and laminate locks against moisture. This will allow wet cleaning without worrying that water will get into the joints and make the flooring swell.
Advantages of Lock Guard paste:
- Elasticity and tightness;
- A colourless seam;
- Leaves no stains;
- Quick drying;
- Suitable for glueless or interlocking assembly;
- Long-term protection of the decorative part of covering;
- Harmless to foamed substrates;
- Allows application of certain laminate coverings in the kitchen and bathroom (see the laminate manufacturer's instructions)
- Guarantees permanent sealing without adhesion.
- The floor coverings specified by the manufacturer as demountable can be disassembled after application of the paste without any damage to the interlock elements.
Always apply the paste in the following sequence:
- Make sure there is no dust and dirt on the surface of the joint;
- Apply a continuous layer of paste on the top part of the groove longitudinally and transversely;
- Immediately join the planks so that the excessive paste protrudes onto the decorative surface of the laminate covering. Drying time is 15-25 minutes.
- Remove the excess of dried paste from the decorative side of the covering.
Consumption: 125 ml / 10 m².
The remains of the paste can be removed even after a long period of time with a household solvent.